Well, we have made it to the final day of the 31 day challenge. I have truly enjoyed sharing how to plan a Disney vacation with you. It has been a lot of fun talking about one of my favorite subjects. My family thinks that I live in Disney mode most of the time. I even see Mickey shapes everywhere and I will point them out. I guess I am just a Disney fanatic and that is OK.
I truly believe that everyone has to take a trip to Walt Disney World at least once in their lifetime. But I also think that you don’t have to break the bank to take that trip. There are ways to save money on your trip and ways to save that money you will need to take that trip. All you have to do is plan.
I hope you have a good time planning your trip to Walt Disney World, whenever that trip may be.
Today as part of our 31 day series, we will be discussing ways to save money on your Disney trip.
Here are some ways to save money:
- Look for any discounts that you may qualify for.
- If you are a larger family, check into some of the offsite options. It just make more sense to stay off site than pay a larger resort fee for a larger room. Most Disney rooms allow up to 4 guests in a room. So if you have a larger party, you will have to have a larger room or get 2 regular rooms.
- Bring some of your food with you. Even if you just bring some water and snacks, you will save some money.
- If you have a small child who uses a stroller, consider bringing a stroller with you. You will save a lot of money and have access to your stroller and just not at the parks.
- Have a plan. When you are at Walt Disney World it is imperative that you have a plan. You will see a lot more if you have a plan and not just wonder aimlessly.
- If you want to eat at restaurants, be sure and make reservations. Especially if you want to eat at some of the more popular ones.
- Make sure you make fastpass selections. This will be helpful during the busier times of the year and when trying to do some of the more popular attractions.
There are many more ways to save money out there, you just have to be creative and think. Also reading some of the different Disney websites, you can learn a lot of stuff on how to save money.
Today, we are going to talk about the importance of having a travel notebook.
I actually made one a few years ago and it helped keep our stuff organized and in one place. After the first one, I decided I needed to do this for our regular travels as well. In fact it was a lifesaver on a trip we took last year.
My Disney travel book is a simple 3 ring binder that I have divided into sections.
My book is divided into the following sections:
- A Calendar. This is so that I can write in it what days we are doing what.
- Travel stuff. This is where I put car rental information.
- Resort info. Any thing to do with our resort or hotels goes into this section.
- Attraction info. Prices and what not gets listed here.
If there is anything else we need I just add it to the binder.
Now I told you my book is simple because we don’t usually get advanced dinning reservations and we stay at one park and work around the park as we go. Because of this we don’t need space for a lot of things like that. But if that is how you go to Walt Disney World, be sure and add that to your book.